Five is a clean, professional-looking template that's easy to set up. It is prized by small and mid-sized businesses for its numerous customization options and professional layouts.
Terms & Conditions
At The Arbor, we take great pride in providing our guests with a clean, safe and enjoyable environment. We do ask that you help us maintain our beautiful property by respecting our terms and conditions.
Rates & Reservations
Rates are subject to change until confirmed via e-mail. Your e-mail confirmation will include local area information, the nightly rate, tax details, and any requested packages or extras.
All reservations MUST be held with a major credit card until other payment has been arranged. If the guest does not have a credit card, we can make arrangements to accept another person's credit card with proper advance authorization. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, traveler's checks, and cash. In some instances, we may require a deposit towards your stay; if this is the case, we will discuss this with you at the time of reservation. There will be no refunds for early departure or inclement weather.
We will not charge your credit card until the day of check-in, unless you cancel your reservation (see "Cancellation Policy" below).
Check-In / Check-Out
Our standard check-in time is between 4:00 and 9:00 p.m. When you arrive at the property, please proceed to the top of the driveway and park. We will meet you and escort to your cabin for a brief orientation to our property features and amenities. Once you are checked in, you will not be disturbed unless you request assistance. If you will be arriving late, please let us know in advance so we can arrange for self check-in.
**In order to provide the best service to all of our guests, we generally do not offer early check-in; in the case where it is possible, it must be requested in advance of your arrival and a minimum $25 fee will apply. Please inquire.
Check-out is at 11 a.m. We ask that you turn off the air/heat/ceiling fan/fireplace, all lights and the icemaker; wash all dishes and kitchenware used during your stay; place used linens in the bathtub, and leave the key on the hook. Please leave the front door UNLOCKED, and give us a courtesy call to let us know you are departing.
All cabins are completely furnished including linens. Each kitchen is equipped with a full size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, coffee pot, and toaster. All kitchens are equipped with dining utensils for the maximum occupancy and garbage bags are provided for the proper disposal of garbage along with a recycling container under each sink. Cabins are supplied with bath towels, toilet tissue, hand & bath soaps, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, dish detergent and bath robes for your convenience. Each cabin has smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Please notify us immediately if you find that any of the appliances are not working properly. Guests need only bring their personal items.
Hemlock "Moon Pie" Cottage Amenities
The Hemlock Cottage is completely furnished including linens. The Hemlock Cottage, our only kitchenette, is equipped with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and toaster. It is equipped with dining utensils for the maximum occupancy, and garbage bags are provided for the proper disposal of garbage along with a recycling container under the sink. The Hemlock "MoonPie" Cottage is supplied with bath towels, toilet tissue, hand & bath soaps, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, and bath robes for your convenience. Please notify us immediately if you find that any of the appliances are not working properly. Guests need only bring their personal items.
Both The Hemlock “Moon Pie” Cottage, and The Magnolia Cabin are pet friendly. Dogs must be friendly and housebroken. There is a flat rate per pet of $50 with a two-dog limit. You are responsible for any damages; cleaning up any accidents your pet might have, and deposing of any waste your pet creates outside on the property, (including repairs or fumigation for fleas.) We ask that when you are not at the property, whenever possible take your pet with you. If your pet is of the barking kind, and you must leave it behind, please leave it indoors, preferably crated. Please do not leave your pet unattended outdoors. You may take your dog most places in town but a leash is required.
Smoking is Permitted Outside Only
If we find evidence or the odor of smoking inside any of our cabins/cottage you will be charged a $250 cleaning fee. You may smoke on the back decks or in the pavilion area. Please be courteous and smoke responsibly outside, keeping the cabin doors closed.
Any keys that are lost/misplaced will be billed at a charge of $25 each.
The Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure is a privately owned and managed property and we reserve the right to refuse services to anyone, and will not be responsible for any accidents or injuries to guests, or for loss of monies, jewelry or guest personal property of any kind. We are not responsible for weather or road conditions, power outages, criminal activities, or any other activity that may be beyond our control. There will be no refunds, allowances, or rescheduling resulting from these conditions, except in the case of a mandatory evacuation, please see below.
If the state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes a cabin rented by one of our guests, the guest shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, the guest will be entitled to a refund of the pro-rated rent for each night that the guest is unable to occupy the cabin because of the evacuation, which will be paid within ten business day.
If you must cancel your reservation with us, the following fees will apply.
- A $25 booking fee will be charged for ALL cancelled reservations.
- Cancel within thirty (30) days and a cancellation fee of $50 will be charged.
- Cancel within fifteen (15) days and a cancellation fee of $150 will be charged.
- All cancellations within thirty-six (36) hours of your arrival time will be charged for the complete stay.
Hot Tub Rules & Instructions
- Keep the temperature between 102 and 104°F.
- Rinse off in the shower before using the hot tub to remove all body oils, lotions, hair spray/gel, perfumes, etc. as they will affect the chemistry of the water.
- Add water to the hot tub if the water level drops below the top of the jet line.
- Keep the hot tub cover ON when not in use.
- Do not consume food or drinkwhile in the hot tub.
- Do not bringcandles, glass, rose petals, bubble bath or other foreign items into the hot tub.
- Always enter and exit the hot tub slowly and cautiously, as the hot tub decks can get slippery.
- Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, and fainting. These are symptoms of lowered blood pressure, which may result from prolonged exposure. When blood pressure falls, less blood reaches the brain causing dizziness and fainting. Get in and out of the hot tub frequently to regulate body temperature.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure and those on medication should not use hot tubs. Sitting in a hot tub dilates blood vessels, raises body temperature, lowers blood pressure or raises blood pressure depending on the individual. All of these factors have significant effects on the disorders listed above. In reference to elderly people, they are more susceptible to lowered blood pressure and subsequent fainting due to the potential loss of elasticity of their blood vessels. Lowered blood pressure stresses the heart as the heart works harder to bring blood pressure up to a good level. Lowered blood pressure and blood vessel dilation have a significant effect on medication absorption.
- Pregnant women are not advised to use hot tubs. Sitting in a hot tub causes blood to move to the skin's surface in order to help regulate body temperature and release heat. The fetus is then deprived of an adequate blood supply as blood moves towards surface areas. Hot tubing raises the body temperature of both the mother and the fetus. This is a problem because the fetus has no temperature regulating mechanism such as sweating like an adult. Elevated body temperatures in the first trimester have been found to result in neurological problems in newborns. Pregnant women can use the hot tubs if they have consulted their physicians and received approval or if they feel comfortable using the hot tub and getting in and out frequently to regulate their body temperature.
If after you have checked out (within 48 hours of your departure), we find that your hot tub is damaged in any way or has any discoloration of water there will be a minimum $100 fee charged to your credit card for the correction of damages.